Saturday, October 8, 2016 was going to be the kick-off for the select Saturday service. Hurricane Matthew impacted that.
· At present, the next scheduled running of Saturday service is set for Saturday, November 5, 2016
· Service on select Saturdays is based on major venues, availability of staff and equipment, as well as windows of time to allow for track work and construction to occur on the corridor
· SunRail’s primary responsibility is Monday-Friday commuter rail service. Saturday service cannot adversely impact the staffing that’s needed for Monday-Friday service
· SunRail is examining bringing on additional staff to meet the needs of running select SunRail service on Saturdays
· SunRail is working with the Downtown Orlando Partnership to meet the desire for Saturday service, while taking into consideration adequate staffing to meet Monday-Friday needs, as well as the needs for adequate windows of time to perform construction during weekends.